Collection and Storage of Information
You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you register and give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store both anonymous and personally identifiable information about you from our website. Most of the information we collect is retained by us in our database. This information may include:
- email address, phone number, fax number, mailing address, location address, billing address;
- information from your interaction with our site (such as computer and connection information, page views, keywords searched, IP address, landing pages, and other statistics on site usage); and
- information from third parties
Pixel Tags / Web Beacons
When you use our Site, we may employ pixel tags (also known as clear gifs or web beacons), which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your account is collected using these pixel tags. In addition, we may also use pixel tags in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make VMT better for our users.
We may also collect geographic or geolocation information from your computer or mobile device, subject to any applicable privacy settings.
Third Party Services
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, customized and efficient experience. You agree that we may use your personal information solely to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- Tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personal information as necessary to respond to legitimate legal requirements, protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety and enforce our policies. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Except where prohibited by applicable law, prior to such disclosure we will provide you with reasonable notice sufficient for you to contest the necessity of such disclosure, as applicable.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations so long as such service providers have a confidentiality obligation with respect to such information;
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, so long as such other business entity has a confidentiality obligation with respect to such information;
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose only information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, username history, IP address, email address, fraud complaints, and transaction history, and, except where prohibited by applicable law, will provide you with reasonable notice sufficient for you to contest the necessity of such disclosure.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You may change your email preferences relating to promotional communications emails from us by following the instructions at the bottom of those emails. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service communications including, but not limited to, messages about your registration.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy and Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) defines a “Child” as anyone under the age of 13. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information obtained through our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Special Notice to California Residents
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices, please send a request to the address listed on our Contact Us page with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent.
This Site incorporates safeguards to protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personal information we have collected. We have put in place reasonable precautions to protect information from misuse, loss and alteration, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Security of information communicated by or to us over the Internet is of the highest concern to us; however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that your email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge and permission while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. While we strive to protect your personal information, VMT cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through this Site. Once we receive your transmission, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our internal systems. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication may be discarded or archived.